ADA Accessibility Policy
Our policy is to make its websites accessible to users of the websites who have disabilities and to permit content providers to develop and post accessible content.
To meet this goal, we have implemented the following initiatives:
- Adopt and follow Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 AA (“WCAG”), published by the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”);
- Modifying our websites to permit content providers to post content in a format that conforms to WCAG for web content;
- Ensuring that our websites do not interfere with the posting of content in formats that conform to W3C’s guidance on accessibility;
- Linking to this policy from the swain.com homepage, soliciting and providing a method to submit feedback, and providing a method to contact our website accessibility coordinator;
- Developing and distributing accessibility practices for our content providers;
- Appointing a website accessibility coordinator who is knowledgeable on website accessibility and digital accessibility standards, responsible for coordinating the Swain Resort & Denton Hill Family & Ski Resorts Inc.'s responsibilities with respect to accessibility, and responsible for developing the accessibility practices;
- Modifying policies to prioritize accessibility bug fixes to ensure they are remedied with the same level of priority as any other equivalent loss of function for individuals without disabilities;
- Retaining website accessibility consultants responsible for conducting annual website accessibility evaluations of our websites; and
- Providing annual training to our website content and technical support personnel on ensuring our websites conform to WCAG.
Swain Resort & Denton Hill Family & Ski Resorts Inc. undertakes these accessibility initiatives to expand access to everyone and to assist content providers, many of which have independent obligations under accessibility laws, with providing content in accessible formats.
We are dedicated to making accessibility improvements to our websites. Please direct any questions or suggestions on how to improve the accessibility of our websites [email protected] We welcome your feedback.
https://swain.com/ follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, https://swain.com/ uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
DoubleClick DART Cookie
Our Advertising Partners
Note that https://swain.com/ has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Part Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
https://swain.com/ does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.